Helping 50 million children lead healthier lives by 2030
Nutrition is key to ensure a healthy child’s development. But as always, theory is one thing, practice is another. Encouraging kids to eat more veggies and fruits, ensuring their meals are as nutritious as possible and that their protein sources are diversified can be a tough challenge for parents and caregivers.
We are conscious of the urgency to act and help addressing the challenges of children obesity and undernutrition.
With Nestlé for Healthier Kids we federate all our efforts to support parents and caregivers on their journey to raise healthier kids. From leading research to product development, from education to innovative nutrition and lifestyle services, our ambition is to help 50 million children lead healthier lives by 2030.
The two focus areas of the program
1. Accelerating the transformation of our product portfolio
To ensure our brands support healthier lifestyles, we have already:
- Removed over 40,000 tonnes of sugar and 6,200 tonnes of saturated fat since 2014
- Removed over 15,000 tonnes of salt since 2012
- Increased the number of micro-nutrient fortified food to 174 billion in 2017
- 99.8% of our portfolio is free of trans-fatty acids (TFA)
We have also made forward-looking commitments:
- Add 750 million portions (80g) of vegetables
- Add at least 300 million portions (16g) of fiber-rich grains, pulses, nuts & seeds to products
- Further reduce sugars by 5%
- Further reduce salt by 10%
- Complete our commitment made in 2014, to reduce saturated fats by 10% in all relevant products that do not meet WHO recommendations